7/8/12

I May Be Wrong, But… Jordy, Savannah, Michael Fulmer, Brian Harrison, Matt Reynolds… Part One


I May Be Wrong, But… Jordy, Savannah, Michael Fulmer, Brian Harrison, Matt Reynolds… Part One



1.     It’s amazing that the talk of the Mets outfield lately has been an infielder. I spend far too much time criticizing Jordany Valdespin, but never because if his talent on the field. There’s a Mets reader out there… and you know who you are… that asked me three years ago at spring training who was the best prospect we should keep an eye on. I never hesitated saying his name though I wasn’t sure how to pronounce it. Still don’t.



2.     It’s about time that the Mets beat the Cubs. And I love the 8-IP Gee, 1-IP Parnell thingy. I was at the Savannah Sand Gnats game today and ran into one of the national writers on a paid baseball site. He was on the way to St. Lucie to cover the Tampa series and stopped in because he is a Mets fan. We talked in length about the current 25-man in Queens and just how far above their natural abilities they are currently playing. We stood there with Wally Murphy trying to figure out how many of these guys have the skills to play full time in the majors. It was a funny conversation.



3.     I’ve had a ton of things I had to do, family wise, last night and this morning and I don’t want to rush this post. Got a lot to say and the phone has been ringing all day… I haven’t even checked my email yet today. It’s 2pm, I’m on my throne (leather chair in living room, and I have the Mets-Cubs game on.  I will back up within the next two hours with Part 2.

No comments: