7/19/12

I May Be Wrong, But… You Can’t Make This Shit Up Anymore, Blogger, Michael Friere, David Rubin, Stephen Guilbert, Stats



1.     Is there any more ways I which the New York Mets can lose a game that they already have won? In fact, correct me if I’m wrong because this one wasn’t televised in my home, didn’t Mets win this twice?
We can spend countless paragraphs about errors, bad attitudes, and poor umpiring, but these guys always fight back and turn it over to the bullpen with a lead, either in the eight or night inning. As yes, the pen.
All the great that is being accomplished by Terry Collins, his staff, the rotation, and the everyday players that remind me of ‘The Minute Men’ of the 1970s New York Knicks, go out the window once the Mets starters are removed from the game. The 101st Airborne becomes the 101st Street Jug Band.
(I stopped writing this to give them a break on Sunday and the first few games against Washington… enough said!)

2.     Want to cover a couple of blogger issues…
-I placed all the MMs writers in an administrative role while I was ‘away’ and something happened to the site. Brian Joura (Mets360) tells me he’s now prevented from leaving comments… new writers can’t seem to figure out how to write in the names they are going to write under… and I continue the dreadful delay time I experience cutting and pasting the minor league press releases. I use Internet Explorer and it must have had a bad time one night with Blogger. They just don’t like each other. It takes me 20 minutes to post up one press release, and that’s without separating many, many words that come up without spacing. I just can’t spend 6 hours a day cleaning them up and you have all told me through polls that you want them as part of the site. I will continue to post them before 12noon EST, but please learn to live with the lack of spacing. I’m bad enough, but, in this case, this isn’t me.

3.     Original MMs writer, Michael Friere, has returned from Grad school and he’s posting through emails to me until we figure out the site problems. Welcome back, Mike.

4.     I do want to send out a special prayer for original MMs writer, David Rubin, who has stacked up various personal ‘hiccups’ in his personal and professional life lately. David was the life force at ‘Shea Nation’ and MMs would not be what it is today (is that a good thingJ) without his past association. He’s on hiatus right now and we hope to see him writing soon, be it here or another site.


5.     I also want to thank Stephen Guilbert for all the great work he did on MMs. Like most of you, he has a ‘real’ life and the deadlines placed on him by me just didn’t work out from him. All of us at MMs wish him well and he’s welcomed to guest post (via email to me) anytime he’d like. 

6.     Twitter – up to 63 followers… welcome to Cheryl Jackson, old friend Ed Marcus, and ‘team superstar 9000’… 1,916 page views yesterday on Mack’s Mets…  I’m noticing that traffic is down around 20%. I credit two factors: 1. We just finished the draft and the mock birds are sleeping quietly in their nests. 2. There’s been much excitement before the all-star break about this team possibly making the playoffs. That has quickly turned to disgust, which still directs traffic to the parent club sites (MetsBlog, Mets Merized, etc.) more than the niche sites like mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mack -

I know you Can't Stand The Spin.. but don't you try to get him some regular playing time and trade his ass in the offseason?

- Jamal Brockenstein

Mack Ade said...

Yeah, I agree.

Both he and Wilmer Flores represent top talent playing baseball the Mets don't need.

In the case of Flores, it's positionally.