7/6/12

I May Be Wrong, But...



1.You just can’t keep playing right field this way (6th inning) and expect to make the playoffs. Lucas Duda is NOT a professional major league outfielder. He’s not. He cost this teams runs and sometimes that means games are lost. I love what I going on this year but just how long can you keep winnings with this motley crew of mismatched outfielders? Regarding Duda, he was hitting only .255 when this mess happened. He fields it wrong, and then throws it to the wrong cutoff guy. This isn’t high school non-conference games. You can’t blame Ike Davis here because he’s not even supposed to be in the play. Get Jason Bay back here after the break and play him every day in left. Play Kirk Nieuwenhuis every day in center and Scott Hairston in right. Period. I don’t care what they hit. I just know that smart baseball will be played out there.Oh… Duda struck out after that dunce play.

2. It’s good to see both Pedro Beato and Bobby Parnell have two outstanding outings out of the pen. For now, we’ll consider Beato an aberration and Parnell a growing process. He seemed very confident out there.

3.I’m glad I said yesterday that “we” now are in a pennat race. Otherwise you would be thinking that I am jumping on the bandwagon after one great game. Remember the old saying… “win the series, win the pennant”. That’s all the Mets have to do for the remaining of the season. Win the series, win the pennant. Fuck wild card.

4. Washington is showing no signs of slowing down, so there isn’t much we can do about them until it’s our turn to play them. It’s Colorado’s turn to travel to Philadelphia. The Phillies play the Braves this weekend so we should be rooting for at least two Braves loses here. We get the last place Cubs and we need to do a better job than we did when we played them in Chi-town. It also would be nice to see some loses this weekend by Cincy, San Fran (playing the red-hot Pirates), and St. Louis.

5. I write in the early morning at the library located on the campus of USCB. I walk around a path that winds past the tennis courts when I’m trying to formulate what I’m going to write about next. Yesterday, a 70+ couple were banging around tennis balls and I noticed two were outside the gates. I had to go around 40 yards out my way to retrieve them, but what the hell, I picked them up, and threw them inside the court to the back side behind the players. The woman looked up and said “what the hell did you do that for? They aren’t are balls and I surely didn’t hit them there.” Ah, the elderly.

6. Chris Brown is back as a Mack’s Mets writer.HHe’s been in and out of trouble since he beat the shit out of Rihanna but, hopefully, he will find some peace here… oh… he’s not that Chris Brown, you say? Well, welcome back anyway, Chris. He did want me to tell you that he’s having some trouble with his laptop (who isn’t?) and he had to use his tablet last night, thus, the lack of capitals and spacing. Shit, I do that all the time J

7. We also added a new writer whose name might not fit the 140 character limit on Twitter. Pedro Carrasquillo-Cardona has joined Mack’s Mets and he wrote his first post yesterday. He’s not on any specific schedule, so we’ll just let him roam for now.

8. For now, it’s the Minor League Report at 8am, this feature at 10am, minor league press releases up to 1pm, Chris, Pedro, and Stephen Guilbert until the sun goes down, and college/draft information until 12:01am (the other writers that are listed haven’t emailed and told me they aren’t writing anymore, so I’m just going to keep them inside the site in hopes of them returning some day).

9. Did you notice David Wright saying, with a smile on his face, that he loves playing with these guys and for this team?

10. I spend two weeks ago on the “third floor” of the Charleston, South Carolina Veteran’s hospital. One of my inmates was named Denny and his story was his wife kicked him out, his daughter didn’t want anything to do with him, he was out of work, and he lost his house. Authorities found him parked on train tracks waiting for a train to end his misery. He was a nice, gentile guy that ate anything any of us had left over at meal time. Three of us that checked out the following Monday vowed to hook up and go back and see Denny. He must have been released because he collided with a speeding train yesterday in Hanahan, SC, just outside of Charleston and died from his injuries. Rest well, Denny.

1 comment:

Hobie said...

With you on Duda & "Capt K" has the right nick. We just might see a Bay, Hairston, Valdespin OF (at times) in the 2nd half.

BTW. I liked the L & H pic so I decided to download it. It's labeled "Abbot and Costello." Go figure.