3/1/09

The 413th Update On Today's Mets Game



Hey, I got a few opinions too...

First the good news:

There was all good news. Johan Santana is still in camp, a bunch of guys went yard, and seven pitchers didn't give up a run.

I know it's early in camp, but it sure looks like most of the bats are ready... Delgado (.714), Wright (.444), Beltran (.364), Church (.417) and Murphy (.313) are off to a great start.

I hate to see some of them leave now for the WBC, but it will give major time to players that need the work in order to impress the skipper.

It was great to see Feliciano pitch a scoreless inning, but even better to see Sanchez strike out two in his inning.

As I keep saying... don't forget Nelson Figueroa (1.0 IP, 0.00).

No areas of concern, but I hope Reyes (.222) gets comfortable in his new role.

LF Daniel (not Dan) Murphy left eight men on base.

OF prospect Fernando Martinez did go 1-1 and raised his ST BA to .400.. I'm sure we'll see more of him over the next two weeks.

I was at Maine's scrimmage game and, as I said then, he looked good. Again, the same. One hit, which happened to be a homer, but there doesn't seem to be any negative left over from last year's boo-boo.

OF Jeremy Reed continues to keep in the running for a pinch hitter role, going 1-1 (.500).

But...

Everything I said above is based on a couple of days worth of stats. That being said, if all the starters had BAs of .150 and ERA's of 54.00, we'd definitely be writing about that, wouldn't we?

Mack

No comments: