5/8/12

5-7-12 - Daily Mets Minors Report


Date: 5-7-12

***A Reminder about concussios and Josh Thole.***

He had a very bad one in 2007 while playing 1B for Savannah. Ground ball skipped up and hit him in the head. Unconcious and one-hour delay while they strapped him down and took him to the hospital. Very scary. Dropped like he was dead. Out for well over a week.


 Ted Berg:

Guillermo Mota was suspended 100 games for using a banned substance but got off scot-free for his work in the 2007 Mets bullpen



Mark Simon:

The #Mets are 10th in NL in runs, 14th in FIP, and 13th in Defensive Runs Saved


Bill Madden/Daily News:

Aside from David Wright and Murphy, the Mets lineup doesn’t overwhelm you -- but then what National League lineup does?



Mark Healey made a good point this morning. He said that the longer Johan Santana pitches well, the more he likes trading him. I do too and I know who to call. No one is more ready for the next free agent market than Magic Johnson and the Los Angeles Dodgers. He already said that he will make an offer to every top free agent in the market and I see no reason why Santana couldn’t be considered to help the Dodgers reach their goals this year. Remember now, this isn’t the Santana that you were looking for someone to pay only half his salary. No, this is the Santana that is once again dominating the game from the bump. Not only would the Dodgers pay his salary, but you could also get yourself a prospect in the deal. Not P Zach Lee, but possibly P Allen Webster, C Gorman Erickson, or closer Nate Eovaldi.
 Just sayin’…

Jose Reyes already has six errors at shortstop.

Egypt Bedouins kidnap 10 Fijian members of peacekeeping force in Sinai, demand release of kinsmen from Egyptian jails… in case you take all this baseball shit too serious…

John Sickles featured one of the Mets’ young arms as a ‘sleeper prospect’:

Akeel Morris, RHP, Mets: Extended spring training. Will go to the New York-Penn League in June, as the Mets have slowed down their previously-rapid promotion paths. 10th round pick from the Virgin Islands in 2010, has one of the best arms in the system. Age 19.”

I’ve been a big fan of Akeel since he was drafted in the 10th round of the 2010 draft. I had hoped to see him in Savannah this season, but I assume he was kept back in extended camp to work on his control issues. Yes, he has produced 89 strikeouts in 76 innings, but he also had 55 walks. 

AAA-Buffalo:

M-Th: Schwinden/Teheran. Harvey/Eric Junge. Familia/Johan Flande. Hefner/Todd Redmond




AA-Binghamton:   

OF Raul Reyes will wear #44… RHP Gonzalez Germen will wear #38…

INF Joe Bonfe transferred from Binghamton (AA) to Brooklyn (SS-A)

RHP Brad Holt transferred from Buffalo (AAA) to Binghamton (AA)

IR-SP Zack Wheeler tells reporters that he could be ready by his next turn.



A+ - St. Lucie: -   

As part of his rehab program, SP Chris Young will pitch in Thursday’s game…

SP Randy Fontanez was promoted from Extended Camp…

5-4 daytime win vs. Dunedin…

Wilmer Flores threw away his 4th error which is still much better than the past…

Flores also went 3-4, 5th homer of the year, and raised his BA to .314…

Starter Yohan Almonte gave up 4-ER in 5.2 and ended the night with a seasonal ERA of 5.79 (Fontanez watch)...

RP Adam Kolarek – 5-H, still 0.00… 

A – Savannah:

Jacob Degrom was transferred from Extended Spring Training to Savannah.

Chasen Bradford was transferred from the Savannah roster to the Brooklyn roster.

Travis Taijeron has been named SAL player of the week. He was 13-24 w/ 3 2B, 1 3B, 3 HR, 12 RBI, and 9 R

We told you yesterday about Frank Viola drooling over SP deGrom. We found out tonight why: 6.2-IP, 1-H, 0-R, 7-K, 0-BB, 0.00.


8 comments:

Tommy said...

Why do you call this a Mets Minors Report? Two thirds of it is stuff cut n pated about Santana, Reyes, Wright, Mota, etc.

Then the little minor league stuff you do include is just stuff you got right out of the team game notes you posted yesterday or line scores from the team recaps you will undoubtedly post sometime today.

It's vey confusing and so redundant day after day the same thing.

You've reported nothing, others have and you just copied it. I'm sure I'm not the first to point this out to you.

I thought I read you were going to be original last month and cease copying stuff? It was a good idea why did you decide to copy other people's stuff again? All it does is make you look uninformed and incompetent.

We already have MetsBlog and Mets Minor League Blog. If you have something original to say than say it, otherwise stop trying to copy them all their work.

Charles said...

Actually, since Mack was.basically the.first person to blog about their minor leaguers, they all are ripping him off. Unfortunately, they have more access and resources, which has left Mack in the dust. Truely sucks for him, give him a break Tommy Boy.

Mack Ade said...

Hi Tommy.

How's Hilton Head.

You still working as a part time disc jockey.

For the record, Mack's Mets has existed before Matt errone and Toby Hyde. They would both be the first to tell you that those sites were started by other people.

I apologiz for, as you say, copying other people;s stuff... you mean like Adam Rubin, right?

I have retired. I post the minors report and a draft report. Both are filled with info I find on the internet, mock drafts, and some original stuff.

My "job" is to give my readers what they want. I have done polls on all this in the past but you probably missed it. That's what the loyal readers want.

As for upsetting you, you seem to know a lot about this site. You remind me of one of those Rush Limbaugh haters that used to call me up every day and complain. They knew everything Rush said becasue... THEY LISTEND EVERY DAY...

Anyhoo... got to get back to my sissors and glue...

Or is it sizzors?

You know me, I'm so stupid.

Say helllo to 'Just Phil', and all your radio fan...

Mack Ade said...

Charles:

Hey Charles...

Doctor's got me on lithium and morphine... I'm doing great!!!!

Do you want back in?

I don't run this place anymore by I can pull some strings.

Email me your real email address again to macksmets@gmail.com

Tommy said...

Charles, that was then and this is now. I used to love B&W TV but now I prefer HD. Times change. For you to say he is being ripped off is an oxymoron. Mack is the one cutting n pasting not Hyde or any other of the great sites we now have to choose from.

Mack, I apologize if I came off too harsh. It's really your editor's fault for a lot of things. The silly things he allows, calling a post about rambling a minor league report, etc. If you do not have access why must you post 12 times a day? Why cant you put out one quality post a day instead of a dozen posts about nothing that you didnt eveb write? It used to be so cool to come here, but now I see a post that says JJJJJJOOOOORDANYYYYYYYYYYYYY VVVVVVALDESSSSSSSSSSPPPPIIIIIINN and nothing else. Are you proud of that?

Is that your brand of journalism now?

Imagine if you saw that on Rubin or Cerrone?

Mack Ade said...

you have good points Tommy, but your method hurts

Tommy, you're a local boy so you know me. I was the gM/owner of WIXV/WBMQ/WSGA/WYKZ... I'm not stuck in bed with a neck brace on. This is the best I can do.

If you don't like it, go to other sites.

Most of my readers want the cut and pasting I do.

But please, don't be cruel. I never did anything to you

Mack Ade said...

Tommy, let me elaborate...

I'm not going to be around much longer.

This is all I can do. I lay in bed (as 3 of my writers do) and, without my laptop and blog, I would have nothing to do.

I'm not going to bore you with the myriad amount of my ailments, but surfice to say I'm worn out by around 8pm.

Pain wakes me up around 4am.

That's how sick people live.

The position I'm in prevents me from seeing the laptop keys properly. Diabetes has cost me some of my eyesight and I honest don't realize I type the keys in the wrong order. This is a condition left over from my brain injury that forces me out of broadcast a number of years ago.

I keep this alive as my legacy. Some of my writers are profesional while others are learning to write. Consider this now a school. Anyone can be invited in and anyone can write anything they want as long as they don't personally attack the players or the team in general.

I'm hoping more original writers join the site. Reese Kaplan has been a good pickup this month.

Wanna join and help the quality of the site?

Charles said...

TTTOOOMMMMMMMMYYYYYY VVVAAALLLLDEESSSPPIINNNN!!!!!!!....sorry, just an idea for a future post.