5/14/12

Closer Candidates

I promised David Rubin that I wasn't going to write about the parent team anymore. I'm not now. I just thought for some reason I would check out the system and see if it has any closer material ready to graduate. You never know, right?

 

Jenrry Mejia - Mejia has just begun the first of three outings he will have at St. Lucie. The plan was then to either send him to Buffalo or right to Queens. His arm is strong and he has trained well in extended camp. There really is no reason for him to remain in the minors, but he willl not be ready until the end of this month.


Fernando Cabrera - Cabrera has eight saves in Buffalo, plus 1.65/1.16 in 15 outings, 14 of which he has finished. Had 22 saves in both 2009 and 2010 for AAA-Pawtucket.

 

Josh Edgin - currently doing his imitation of Eddie Kunz

 

Elvin Ramirez - regular readers here know of my man-love for El. Combined AAA/AA stats so far this season:  11-outings, 1.15, 15.2-IP, 19-K.

 


No comments: