8/25/09

Chris Carter Coming To The Mets?

The Boston Herald is reporting the Mets will recieve Chris Carter in the Billy Wagner trade. Carter came to the Red Sox as part of a 3 way trade involving Wily Mo Pena going to the Nationals back in August of 2007. At the time he was highly regarded, but his age is working against him now. The knock against him? His footwork at 1B and lack of range and glove in the outfield. Sounds like an older Dan Murphy to me. But he can hit, something the Mets need today.

Carter is hitting .279 with 14 homers, and 54 RBI’s for the PawSox with an OPS of .779

3 comments:

CJ said...

This has to be considered a total dissapointment. I am guessing this is in exchange for the Red Sox picking up the whole tab.

I am not one to normally call the Mets cheap, but this is really the best they could do?

Anonymous said...

Mets fans, rejoice as I weep: I am a Pawtucket Red Sox season ticket holder who has watched Chris Carter play for an entire season up here, and in my opinion, you are getting the better player. Carter is the real deal. He hits for power and can field reasonably well. He is a very hard worker and a genuinely nice guy. He will be your new clutch hitter and I will abandon my dreams of watching him play daily at Fenway. We may have Wagner for 6-10 weeks, but you will have a new DH or outfielder for a long time, and a damned good one. Oh, and by the way, he's also smart-- graduated in 3 years from Stanford, pre-med.

moonriverguy said...

I agree with the last comment.