8/27/09

Minor Thoughts




A few things...


1. The Mets current losing streak has them tied, with Cleveland, with 70 loses. This moves the Mets close to the 9th pick for next year's draft, but look at the teams around them: Oakland: 71 loses, Cincinnati 71, Pittsburgh 72, Arizona 72. Yes, the Mets could easily wind up with 5th pick in the draft if they keep losing at this ratio.


2. Yes... the team that traded away every player (Pittsburgh) only has two more loses than the Mets.


3. Both the DSL and VSL teams have concluded the season. The GCL Mets and Kingsport end theirs next week.


4. A few things I have planned for the off-season:


a. I will feature a series on the 100 Met minor league players that have earned a paycheck next year with the Mets. This isn't a prospect list, though all the right names are here. It included anyone that has had a good season and deserves a bump up or, people like OF Jesus Feliciano, who did their job well and should be invited back. I will post one or two of them daily with a bio.


b. I will also update my analysis, by position, which a lot of you like


5. I was close to a major sponsor that would have given me the funds to go out to the AFL this winter, but it fell through. To date, I haven't made a penny from this blog yet, and most of you already know that I live solely on my disability income. I refuse to post a donation request, but if any of you know how I can obtain some sponsors for this site, it would be greatly appreciated.


6. We're still waiting for official word on the PTBNL for the Wagner trade... and, while I'm on this subject, doesn't the Mets still owe a couple of teams a PTBNL for early on deals they made this year?


7. I saw an article on the fact that the Mets are close to 100mil on the disabled list. That's simply unbelievable. You would get fined by MLB if you sent the current team to represent you at a spring training away game.


Mack



No comments: