1/1/14

Happy New Years


Mack's Mets will be closed today.

I wish I could tell you that 2013 was a successful year for Mack's Mets, but it simply wasn't. I made the decision to change from a Blogger site to Word Press, which cost me some readership during the transition. Then, the new site simply didn't work correctly and I had difficulty convincing the person that developed it that the site kept crashing. Eventually, I returned to my old Blogger site and wound up the year losing about 50% of my readership.

I also lost a number of good writers, one of which, David Rubin, was a close friend. I spent a considerable amount of time 'staying' at the VA hospital in Charleston, South Carolina and then, to top things off, was misdiagnosed with lung cancer.

Other than that it's been a great friggin year... :)

The site continues. It's slow right now and should pick up with original posts from our team of writers. New ones join every month.

Our plans are to be in Port St. Lucie for a portion of Spring Training this year. Others on the site will also be there and report directly from the stands.

Lastly, I want to thank you for staying with Mack's Mets. I started this site because there wasn't any one site that devoted themselves 100% to the minor league teams of the New York Mets. I really enjoy writing for you and sharing the time in the comments section.

 We've screwed this up a number of times and it seems like we purposely tried to chase everyone off, but we really didn't. It just was bad timing, lack of tech knowledge, and unbalanced meds.

I promise to try and make this the best Mets web site on the Internet. I welcome all of you, be you writers or readers, to join me in this promise.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Mack

5 comments:

Jon said...

don't normally comment, but I think this is a great Met's blog site, look forward to it every day, especially the 8 AM posting. Mack, keep up the good work, and your health. Happy New Year!

Mack Ade said...

Jon -

Thank you for your kind words.

We're not a site that is dominated with comments. In fact, around 75% come from the writers on the site.

No, the readers here like to read what we write and get back to their normal lives.

My wife is trying to find something open today so we can go there and spend some money we don't have. See, some things don't change, even after 43 years of marriage.

BTW... I will "FLASH" up anything that happens today.

Mack

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Mack! Don't worry my good friend, this is a great website with a solid core of writers and an established fan base that know this is a great place to continuously visit for the NY Mets. People love all the reports on the kids coming up through the minors, it's all great for those baseball junkies!

Readers come and readers go, the good ones know quality and stick around for the long haul, even though some mistakes happen they know this is the place to be at. We'll get even more in 2014, I assure you :-)

Mack Ade said...

Thank you, Luis.

It's because of writers like you that the reputation of this site continues to grow in a positive direction.

Ernest Dove said...

A very Happy New Year to all the Mets fans out there.