5/17/23

PIITB By JD- Continued Thoughts on The Season

 PIITB By JD- Continued Thoughts on The Season


 

I usually use my weekly post to summarize the previous week's games and give some insight. I have gotten away from that in the last couple of weeks because I simply don’t want to think about those games again. This week is no different, today is some brief and cryptic thoughts on the team. 

 

Positive notes:

The rotation is looking to be more consistent now with Peterson sent down and Carrasco due back. I did not imagine I would be looking forward to Carrasco returning. Hopefully with the same 5 guys going around they will all be more consistent. 

 

The back end of the bullpen has been good. 

 

That is all the positive notes I have



 

Negative notes:

Literally everything else.

 

This team has no fire. The dugout tonight (5/16) was lifeless. Nobody was making any noise or chatting at all in the dugout, Everyone looks like they would rather be anywhere else.

 

The offense is inept. 

 

The starters give up runs in the first inning every game and the middle relief tops it off in the 6th and 7th

 

I don’t want to give anyone more to think about regarding this team. I hope there are better days ahead.

 

LFGM

 

7 comments:

Mack Ade said...

Vientos called up

Tom Brennan said...

Short and sweet.

Vientos up? About time.

Woodrow said...

Let’s put Vientos atDH for50-100 ABs and. See what we got. It’s not like Vogelbach was doing much. Lets get Mauricio up( here amid move Jeff to LF.

Abner said...

Well the Mets were right about Rocker. Parada continues to look good.ExpectParada i bigs before Rocker and expect a better career.

Reese Kaplan said...

Vientos pretty much has to play DH. The question is if they restrict him to LH pitching only or let him play every day. I guess it depends on how he does initially as everyone knows that the team has no patience whatsoever with young ballplayers but will tolerate veterans based upon whatever they did 5 years ago as evidence of their capabilities.

Joe Lonchando said...

Let Vientos play everyday.

On another note. Seeing the Rays success and their use of an opener makes me think why don't the Mets use an opener?

Rds 900. said...

I've been suggesting Vientos get called up way before this.