8/9/12

STUFF - Wednesday Night, Carlos Vazquez, The War Room, Spring Training


Wednesday Night -

        That pretty well sums up the season, doesn't it? And, it would have to be the Marlins, right? The only good thing I walks away with here is another scoreless outing by Josh Edgin. I look for small positives even in a world of hurt like this game. I especially feel sorry for Garrett Olson who made Elvin Ramirez' first MLB outing look like a Cy Young performance. What is it, 51 games to go? God, this is long, hot summer 

Carlos Vazquez -

We talk all the time about the great young pitching the Mets have in their system, but we never talk about this kid playing in Savannah. Vazquez is a 20-year old middle reliever that has had 34-appearances this year and put up some fantastic numbers : 5-2, 3.49, 1.09, 61-K, 64.0-IP. He does need to work his command (22-BB), but he was accredited with his 9th hold of the season last night. 

The War Room

I’m still knocking around a couple of ideas on what the subject will be Sunday for our ‘War Room’ discussion. I would normally list them here, but that would give some other site the jump on what I was thinking and bones would be made on ole Mack again J. Do you have any thoughts before I press on without you? Either way, the post will be up at 8am EST and I hope it generates the volume of comments last Sunday’s did. 

Spring Training 2013

It’s never too early to throw this up on the blog. I am planning to return to St. Lucie in late February for a week for the beginning of pitchers/catchers and ST. I raised the money needed two years ago after three generous donations… last year, the monies didn’t reach the goal, the trip was cancelled, and the monies returned. I estimate six nights in a hotel, gas, and food, to come in at $950. The Paypal button is on the right side of the page and, BTW, if a ‘major’ donation comes from another site, I will write an exclusive post for them every day.

No comments: