8/23/12

50 Shades of Orange and Blue – The Annual September Swoon/2


 
50 Shades of Orange and Blue – The Annual September Swoon/2

                             By:    Mack Ade

 

We talked last night about who should be playing for the Mets during the remainder of the season and we covered the everyday players.

Tonight we talk about the pitchers.

I’m going to write under one assumption here and that is that Johan Santana has been shut down for the rest of the season. Well, that’s not true J If he wasn’t shut down, I would still recommend to do it now. His year has been over since he had his foot stepped on and it would have been nice for him to have admitted then that he was having trouble pushing off it.

Anyway, back to the rest of the season:

SP1 – RHP RA Dickey – I hope RA is back. I’m not sure he will be, but he deserves every opportunity to try and win 20 games this year. I would pitch him every other day for five innings, but that’s just me (kidding). Love this guy.

SP2 – LHP Jon Niese – Niese has a rare opportunity the be the feature lefty not that Santana has been shut down. Get nasty, Jon. Get nasty.

SP3 – RHP Matt Harvey – It looks like Harvey will be able to end the season active, but it’s no big deal if he sits the last week or two. This is all bonus time for his development.

SP4 – RHP Collin McHugh – I describe Collin as ‘Dillon Gee with two more MPHs’. He’s also a better blogger than me. This the showcase he has been waiting for his entire career.2012 is his fifth year in the organization so we all know what that means. I’m rooting hard for him to do well between now and the end of the season, get signed by a team that can feature him, and have a great career. Super guy with a lovely wife. He deserves all the success in the world.

SP5 – RHP Chris Young- and we’re pitching Young for the rest of the season because? He’s not coming back, so why don’t the Mets pitch either Collin McHugh or Chris Schwinden here?

RP – LHP Josh Edgin – There is nothing Edgin can do at this point to end the season with an ERA under three, so just go out there and pound the zone. Practive makes perfect and we need this guy in the spring.

RP – LHP Robert Carson – A year past the Rule Five, what Carson needs is to show the Mets he’s a keeper (can I use that word?) for 2013.It would be nice to see some of the projected dominance here.

RP – RHP John Rauch – Rauch will lead the way for the remainder of the year and will probably get the most innings. I hope the Mets bring him back.

RP – RHP Bobby Parnell – For me, this is the last time the Mets will have to showcase Bobby for a trade. It’s now or never Bobby. Bring it down to 95-96, but get it moving.

RP – RHP Elvin Ramirez – I want ‘El’ back if for no other reason than to erase the horror of his first MLB week. I’m still the President of this guy’s fanclub.

RP – RHP Brad Holt  - I originally had McHugh here. It probably will be Hefner, who will be gone next year. The ballsy thing would be to give someone like Holt as outside chance before he’s lost in the Rule 5. Also, a good opportunity to showcase him for trade before Rule Five.

CL – RHP Frank Francisco – Frank Two will be back next year so the last thing you need is for him to get overworked this year. The Mets are doing everything they can (losing) to keep him out of critical save situations. There is so much wrong with what I just wrote.

4 comments:

Justin M. said...

I would like to see Mejia get Young's starts. With Young coming off shoulder surgery isn't it time to shut it down? Mejia could use the work. This bullpen can't handle the 4 innings needed to finish Young's starts.

Also, the Mets are creeping towards the basement of the NL East. My first thought was "whatever, they get a better draft pick then" but then I remembered that they would just do something strange with the pick anyway.

Mack Ade said...

Justin:

I'm working on my first mock which will go up on Saturday latest. I've go the Mets getting the 10th pick, though no one they draft will help them from 2013-2015.

Regarding the parent, team, I'm just sick and tired of talking about them.

Mejia will probably be up come September.

Things are going to start changing real soon.

Justin M. said...

If you listen to the WFAN interview with Sandy from yesterday I got the impression the team was going to go through changes this offseason. He has had his time to evaluate these players and realize how bad most of them are.

Mack Ade said...

Justin:

Things have changed even more since yesterday.

Everyone is on the phones

People will be moved