8/20/12

Stuff – Pedro Beato, ‘The Keepers’, New Hampshire Northeast Delta Dental Stadium, Barrett Loux, Brandon Nimmo

Pedro Beato

I don’t know if you remember, but I was really excited when the Mets brought Pedro back. I thought he was a great fit for the team and I loved the fact that he lived in walking distance to the house I grew up in. Last year was a lot of good and a lot of no good, but this year was just bad from the get-go. He pitched much better in AAA, but what does that mean? Anyway, I guess this is no big loss for someone who, after one night, looked pretty damn good behind the plate (Kelly Shoppach). He really had Matt Harvey throwing inside all night, something Josh Thole doesn’t always seem comfortable doing. By the way, who are we writing about here?

‘The Keepers’

One of our readers told me the latest over at MMO. As all of you know, ‘The Keepers’ has been a regular feature here for seven years. Now, I come to find out that the owner there has allowed one of his writers to begin a new feature called… wait for it… ‘The Keepers’. The owner, Joe, was a personal friend of mine until we had a public falling out and recently almost died twice, once from a heart condition and the other from a hospital fire. He knows of my medical problems and yet he continues to allow his flock to try and exasperate me and unbalance my bi-polar condition. Well, everything is fine here, Joe. The meds are working just great and feel free to flatter me by using the word ‘Stuff” or the phrase “I Could Be Wrong’. I can always come up with new titles for the work I do.

I never was wrong about you.

New Hampshire Northeast Delta Dental Stadium

I was compiling (nice word for cutting and pasting) information on a Binghamton Mets game the other day and I noticed the name of the stadium they were playing in. Are you kidding me? There are actually three different sponsor names for one stadium? And a different airlines to boot? How did Delta agree to have their names follow Northeast Airlines?... oh, there is no more Northeast Airlines? It merged with Delta. Okay, but still, two different names… oh, Northeast Delta Dental is the name of one company in New Hampshire… err… never mind. 

Barrett Loux

Do you remember me writing about this guy? He was one of my favorites in the 2010 draft and I was hoping he still would be around in the second round when the Mets turn came up. Instead, he went sixth overall to Arizona ($2mil), but the deal blew up when he failed his physical. He was declared a free agent and any tea could have signed him. Naturally, the Mets didn’t.

Eventually Loux signed with the Raners ($312K) and, as of last night, he’s 14-1 , 3.38, 91/35 K/BB 117 1/3 innings for Double-A Frisco.

Brandon Nimmo

Hey, you have to be impressed with a 6-RBI game, highlighted by a grand slam in the ninth. I’ve gone 180 on this guy, though I always will question drafting a player this high up with such little organized experience. That being said, the Mets best. outfield prospect talent seems to be currently in the lower levels (Nimmo, Eudy Pena, Vincente Lupo). The problem is we said the same thing a few years ago when guys like Cory Vaughn, Matt den Dekker, and Cesar Puello were there. This is why you just don’t know what you have for 3-4 years. Sure, Mike Trout and Bryce Harper are the exception, right, but the closest we ever got to someone that moved this fast, and excelled, would be Ruben Tejada. And anyway, the Mets don’t trade convention picks up top, do they? Otherwise, Courtney Hawkins, James Ramsey, or Rock Rocker would be wearing a Mets uniform right now.

12 comments:

jessep said...

You mention "The Keepers" as though nobody could ever think of that title.

What you fail to mention however is that your posts titled "The Keepers," are Minor League player interviews that you conduct.

The Keepers as written on MMO - was solely about the 2013 roster and evaluating those who should be on the roster next year.

Two totally different concepts.



Charles said...

Concepts may be different, but hey, if someone came out with another movie about the mob...do you think it would be okay to name it "the Godfather"? No, you come up with your own shit. I'm just an observer, but just today alone, joe d has a original post up featuring Walter white from breaking bad. Funny how Mack has been using the same picture on his posts occasionally. Like I said, I'm just a "reader" here, of both sites, but don't even try to deny. It's blatant at this point.

jessep said...

Charles - with respect, I think its a stretch. That post from Dan Vallis is called The Keepers. Do you know if Dan is a reader here? I write posts and never came here until today....maybe I used a subject that has been used here? I have no idea...

Anonymous said...

For a guy who cuts n pates everything including your so called farm reports, you sure do a lot of griping against others.

MMO is a mountain compared to your tiny ant hill. The Keepers? Really? That's your gripe?

Oh and seven years? You are a liar?

Post a link here from your Keepers from 2006 or 2007?

I searched and there are none. Not from 2008 or 2009 either. BS much?

jessep said...

Not sure the above is the best way to go about this.

Honestly, I think the use of a photo or a subject line is stretching for a reason to argue.

Dan the guy who wrote the blog, if you can tell me he reads your site then let's talk... but if not, then you have no case.

As for the photo - I think (and I may be wrong) but I think the show Breaking Bad is watched by more than just 1 mets fan.

The photo mixed well with the photo... so he used it.

Dan Valis said...

Wow, I couldn't believe this when I heard it. The title of my feature on MMO is actually titled "The Mets 2013 Keepers". Which as you can read by the title and was so clearly pointed out by jessep, is all about the major league ready players who should be "keepers' for 2013.

The plainly titled "keepers" here on this site is apparently about the minor leagues, but you are unable to tell that by the title, nor can you follow what is written in the post so you that just leaves you even more confused by the end of it.

I have zero interest in reading anything on this site and I am not by any means a frequent visitor of it.

We over at MMO have no motive and no reason to "steal" a faceless title such as "the keepers" from this site.

As for the public attack of site owner Joe D. That was really really low. This leaves little to no credibility for this site and it's owner.

I hope we clarified the two completely different concepts and post titles from this supposedly bi-polar writer.

Mack Ade said...

Jessep

You are correct, but people in the journalism world honor and respect each other and stay away from things that might confuse you, the reader.

I've always practiced that with MMO and any other site.

Mack Ade said...

Anonymous:

I was hoping someone would bring up the "cutting and pasting" of the press releases from the teams.

THEY send them to me by private email for that express purpose and have done so for years.

Only now, due to my heath, do I rely on them even more.

If you want to complain to someone about cutting and pasting, go bother Matt Cerrone or Adam Rubin.

Ass-wipe.

Mack Ade said...

2nd post - Anonymous -

this is my 4th site.

Those "in the know" know Mack's Mets dates to the year David Wright played Lucy

Double ass-wipe

Mack Ade said...

Dan:

Thank you for your sarcastic response.

I am not supposedly bi-polar.

I AM bi-polar and, in 90 minutes will enter a hpsital to have my lower region permanently made unusable.

But, I have a few minutes for you and your minions at MMO.

Dan, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you had no idea that one of my features, for years, has been "The Keepers".

That being said, I assume Joe D still has some kind of administrative duties there and oversees what goes up on the site.

He knows better. and simply sould have pushed your title in another direction.

You are right about this site. It is not worth your time and doesn't compete in the big bad world of MetsBlog and MMO.

I have erased all my 300,000+ data base on "The Keepers" and the word, in honor, is now yours to use.

Say good morning to Joe for me and ask him if the fire at the hospital is out yet (yes Joe, even those loyal to you tell stories about you).

Timmy Jim said...

Dan you just got owned. Get out of town you no good liar, now run off to MMO, because you know, you never come to this website. Jerk.

Mack Ade said...

allright, come on, let's all move on... or in this case, back to their own sites...

Dan's not the bad person here, and it sure as hell isn't Joe. There's only person there who I helped train that likes to stir things up and, like we used to say in the old days, he's mine.

There's no reason to continue all this crap online. Let's all get back to Mets baseball.