11/6/09

Q&A - 3B - Joe Bonfe




Heard from Joe Bonfe the other day… he was drafted in the 21st round of the 2009 draft and assigned to Kingsport. Baseball Cube has him listed as a pitcher, which is interesting, since he played the 2009 season at third base.


Joe’s off to a good Mets start, going .327/.426/.462/88 in 156 at bats for K-Port. He finished up the season with Brooklyn with 11 at bats.

Normally, I would project a 21 rounder to play in Brooklyn in his second season, but don’t be surprised if Bonfe doesn’t open the season for the full season Sand Gnats. Bonfe is already showing signs of pop which is a very good thing for a Mets outfielder.


Mack: So, what are you doing in the off-season?


Joe: After taking a couple weeks off and I am now working out 4-5 times a week trying to get in great shape for the upcoming season.


Mack: What was your analysis of your 2009 season?


Joe: I really enjoyed my first season with the Mets. I thought I had a good year in Kingsport but could have done better. Glad I got moved up to Brooklyn and really learned a lot from the both coaching staffs.

Mack: What are your hopes and desires for the 2010 season?


Joe: Trying to fine tune my game, work on hitting for more power by getting my hands back and also use my legs more. Defensively I want to develope quicker feet so I can become faster and cover more ground.

Mack: Lastly, anything you want to share with your fans out therin Met-land?


Joe: I’ll be trying to develope my power potential this year come back stronger and quicker and looking forward to the 2010 season.

No comments: