11/2/09

Q&A - SP - Robert Carson




Robert Carson and I exchanged emails this week.

Carson pitched at the A-ball level in 209 for Savannah and put up some impressive numbers. Win-loss wise, Carson went 8-10, but turned in a 3.21 ERA, good for 17th in the league. It included two complete games and one shutout. Amd easily earned him a trip this coming spring to Binghamton.


Carosn will join virtually the entire Sand Gnat pitching staff who led the league with the lowest ERA in 2009.


I consider him one of the top five pitching prospects in the system.


ETA: 2012

Mack: So, what are you doing in the off-season?


Carson: I'm here in Dominican Republic for Instructional League

Mack: What was your analysis of your 2009 season?


Carson: I had a great year in my first long season with the Savannah Sand Gnats.


Mack: What are your hopes and desires for the 2010 season?


Carson: My hope and desire for the 2010 season is the fact that i want to end up in AA. I'm just tryin to stay focus.


Mack: Lastly, anything you want to share with your fans out therin Met-land?


Carson: Keep supporting the METS because we’re coming back strong in the next few years. Just watch and see... oh yeah i'm coming!!!

No comments: