11/5/09

Q&A - P - Michael Hebert




I heard from pitcher Mike Hebert last night.

Hebert is a 6-3, 180 pound relief pitcher that was drafted by the Mets in the 7th round of the 2008 draft. He came straight out of high school and will play the 2010 season as an 19/20 year old.

Both the 2008 and 2009 stats were hampered due to injuries that prevented him from pitching a full season for both years. That being said, the combined two years are respectable: 3-5, 4.15, 1.57, 17 games, 8 starts, 42-K in 52.1 innings.

Hebert has worked hard on his BB9 which was a meteoric 12.4 in 2008. It came way down to 4.0 for this past season and looks to improve more in 2010.

Mack: So, what are you doing in the off-season?

Hebert: I’m currently in the Dominican Republic for instructional league

Mack: What was your analysis of your 2009 season?
Hebert: Although i missed the first month of the GCL, I felt I learned alot from an awesome coaching staff during extended spring training.

Mack: What are your hopes and desires for the 2010 season?

Hebert: I’m working on my changeup and trying to refine my curevball hoping it will get me to my first full season of baseball.

Mack: Lastly, anything you want to share with your fans out therin Met-land?

Hebert: Hang in there. We will be on top of the NL east soon!

No comments: