1/25/13

Shaun Marcum, Lucas Duda, Pedro Martinez, Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Matt den Dekker


Shaun Marcum, Lucas Duda, Pedro Martinez, Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Matt den Dekker




As of right now, regarding the off-season, the Mets have given up C Josh Thole, C Mike Nickeas, and SP RA Dickey for C Travis d’Arnaud, C John Buck, SP Shaun Marcum, 2B Omar Quintanilla, SP Noah Syndergaard, RP Jesus Feliciano, RP Greg Burke, and OF Wuilmer Becerra.





Lucas Duda:

            “It’s good to get back on the field again. I’m swinging the bat and things are fine. Dave Hudgens and I will be working every day until camp opens. Last year was a tough year for me. That’s in the past. I’m looking forward to putting up the kind of numbers I’m capable of.”




Pedro Martinez named Red Sox special assistant to the general manager



Q - What's the best-case for Kirk Nieuwenhuis? I see him as a 4th OF on a good team but many of my fellow Mets fans believe he's a capable starter.

Keith Law - Fourth outfielder, definitely.

Q - Would a platoon of Nieuwenhuis and van Dekker equate to a capable major league CF?

Klaw - Since they both hit left-handed, I'm inclined to say "no."


Projected Rotations:

2013-A:  Johan Santana, Jon Niese, Matt Harvey, Dillon Gee, Shaun Marcum

2013-B:  Matt Harvey, Jon Niese, Shaun Marcum, Dillon Gee, Zack Wheeler

2014 -   Matt Harvey, Zack Wheeler, Jon Niese, Dillon Gee, Jenrry Mejia

2015 -   Matt Harvey, Zack Wheeler, Jon Niese, Noah Syndergaard, Rafael Montero

2 comments:

Michi L. said...

Collin Cowgill ... Jefrey Martrey
Brandon Hicks

Michael S. said...

If Santana goes at the deadline I'd bet even money that Marcum is moved too.

I think 2013B could wind up Harvey, Niese, Gee, Wheeler, Mejia.