6/5/12

4th Round - #140 - SS - Branden Kaupe - Baldwin HS (Hawaii)


mlb.com guys said he was off their radar/not a good year for talent in Hawaii.

Born 4/10/94
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 175
-  Hit .500, .407, .511 Sophomore, Junior, and Senior years respectively.
-  6.46 60 time
-  Two-time Hawaii All-State team
-  Switch hitter
From ESPN: "Brandon Kaupe, Baldwin, SS/2B, Senior
Sharp defender is Central Arizona CC bound next season.

From Brandon's website: "Aloha, my name is Branden Kaupe, born & raised on the island of Maui, Hawaii.  Currently attending Baldwin High School and have competed in both baseball & football all of my life.  From the age of four, I played my first t-ball game and continued to participate in both the Little League and Horse League.  For me, baseball is my passion and I would like to continue playing beyond  high school.  I feel that hard work, dedication & perseverance starts within and will end positively, no matter the outcome.  Keeping a positive attitude for myself and toward others has always contributed to my leadership & team player mentality all these years.   During my freshmen year, I was selected to move up with the Varsity Baseball Team.  My experience of playing with older, stronger and seasoned players has helped me compete at a higher level.  I enjoy the competition of sports, and always believed that one day I would achieve my passion in experiencing the next level of baseball with hard work & determination."
His website: http://www.brandenkaupe.com /

BRANDON KAUPE, ss, Baldwin HS, Wailuku

Scouts from the mainland got an early look at the top high-school talent in Hawaii, and left with the impression that the 5-foot-5, 175-pound Kaupe was the best talent in this year’s class. Despite his obvious lack of size, Kaupe showcased impressive speed and solid actions at shortstop, though he probably faces a shift across the bag to second base as he advances. Kaupe also showed some ability as a switch-hitter to drive balls.

10 comments:

Mack Ade said...

great.... t-ball stats

Anonymous said...

If that 60 yard time is accurate, he becomes the fastest player in the system overnight.

Stephen Guilbert said...

That time is from his own website so take that with a grain of salt. Also, these times are never indicative of speed because of the timing mechanisms used, if there is a crazy good tailwind...that sort of thing.

Christopher Soto said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GfrCYch_gCY#!

Some video on him via Toby Hyde.....He's FAST.....

Mack Ade said...

Toby is NOT fast

David Rubin said...

LMAO!!!

David Rubin said...

LMAO!!!

Christopher Soto said...

LOL funny joke Mack :-P hahaha

Btdubs some stories from me coming tomorrow....got a game today after work.

For some odd reason I need to fight with my coach to bat me higher than 8th in the line-up after a .300 AVG .432 OBP 6 SB season last year while playing injured.

Was the only guy in the line-up who had an extra base hit in our first game so yea im pretty steamed lol.

Stephen Guilbert said...

Good luck, Chris.

Mack..you seem to have something against short people.

Mack Ade said...

1. this is not duck pins

2. David Rubin towers under these guys