6/5/12

6-5-12 - Daily Mets Minors Report


Date: 6-5-12

Mets:
We were all draft yesterday will continue for most of today. This is an abbreviated minor league report.

AAA – Buffalo:
The important news out of Buffalo last night was involving pitchers Jenrry Mejia and Pedro Beato. Combined, their stat line was: 8.2-IP, 2-H, 0-R, 4-K, 1-BB. Beato should be in Queens by the time you read this. I haven’t been online since 5pm yesterday, but I’m guessing Mejia is right behind him.

AA-Binghamton 
The B-Mets were rained out again on Monday night.

A+ - St. Lucie: -  
I’ve taken a special interest in St. Lucie recently because I had planned on moving there this month. As it turns out, I’m staying put, but I still want to jot my thoughts down about this team.
As I write this, the St. Lucie Mets stand 44-12, 18 games ahead of any other team in their league, and yet, after studying each player carefully, I walk away thinking that only one player, 3B Wilmer Flores, currently has the potential of becoming a star in major league baseball.
Don’t get wrong. It’s a great team, but that’s what it is. A team.
Speaking of Flores, most of us that do this for a living (sic) wish he’s move on to Binghamton, but frankly, he still has much to learn. The swing still isn’t controlled properly, his defense is defensive at best, and his speed is… err…
Anyway, if there ever was a “natural” first baseball, this is your guy, and yet, he remains on third. Insurance for Wright? Showcasing? You betcha on both counts.

A – Savannah:
Off…

A – Brooklyn:
Season starts June 18

Rookie – Kingsport:
Season starts June 19th

DSL Mets:
LF Hengelbert Rojas – 2-4, 1-R, 1-2B, HR, 3-RBI, ,375

No comments: