6/3/12

A Bobblehead Bit

I find it amusing that when the Dodgers host the Mets in LA, they will have a bobblehead promotion giving out Eric Karros bobbles, and when the Mets host the Dodgers in NY, they will be giving out an Edgardo Alfonso bobble. It's both the 50th year of the Mets team as well as the 50th year of Dodgers' Stadium, and so far, the 10 Dodgers bobbles are far nicer than the Mets 5, sad to say. Although Keith Hernandez will be the next bobble to be given away, there is still no photo on the Mets' website. However, a photo of Alfonzo's bobble was just posted on the Mets website- enjoy!! ( I could do without that "Verizon" logo in the middle, the first one to be noticable so far, unlike the Seaver and Staub bobbles.)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

There is just something about baseball and a bobble head that I love. I'm a Phillies fan and try to go to all the bobblehead nights they have. I will even make trips to Baltimore and New York for a bobble promotion if I am able to. I really would have loved to get the Keith Hernandez bobble, but unfortunately prior commitments held me back. I was wondering, do you only get the Mets bobbleheads, or will you go to other cities so you can build your collection up?

David Rubin said...

Thanks for the comment, Kelly. I live in Southern California, so I have the Mets bobbles sent to me. I go to all (ten) Dodgers bobble-head games, and a few of the Angels, as well. I also try to get any special HOF special edition bobbles from San Fran, like the Willie Mays "the catch" and the Joe DiMaggio on the seals- those are always special and in very limited editions.

If any team has a big bobble promo around the country, like the Royals with the Buck O'Neil bobble, I try to get those as well. I agree- there's something pretty great about baseball and bobble-heads!!