6/1/12

Nach's Notes

A long, busy week finally has been led me to my notes of the week. Boy, what a week it has been. I showed up at Citi Tuesday night after a last minute call got me tickets on the first base line. Somehow, I managed to get behind home plate. It's really such a shame that the REAL baseball fan never gets to experience seats such close to the action. These people in these lavish suites who get to wine and dine clients while watching the team that we love is difficult to swallow. Hopefully, I can still wind up being lucky and hanging around Citi for little to nothing.


Frank Francisco throws absolute gas. Sitting behind the plate in the ninth inning reminded me why I flamed out after college.... He was throwing gas and his secondary pitch was gross... His fastball though, was straight as an arrow and got tagged when it was hit. He still reminds me of Armando... Oh the pain..



 Jeremy Hefner hit an absolute BOMB. It was a no doubter and I wish he had pimped the hell out of it.... It was a no doubter.. Mr. Bay needs to take some notes when he returns... With him and Lucas.. we could have a very formidable lineup.


I hope they keep Mejia in the rotation. I understand that the bullpen is struggling but if he can solidify himself as a solid starter, let him be. Solid starting pitching is a much more pressing need then the bullpen in my opinion. Bullpens vary from year to year regardless, being able to have 5 solid starting pitchers and then go find bullpen pieces is a nice problem to have.


We should have a Macks Mets party on the Party City deck. Who is in?!?! This would be a great time to get the writers and readers all together....


Till next time...


Prediction: D Wright will go oppo for a jack in the bullpen and RA Dickey will win yet another game.

No comments: