12/15/09

Jose Jose, Ryota Somebody, Bay v.6.0... and Clay Buchholz


Jose Reyes:


Reyes reports no post-op pain & said he'll be running full-speed again by Jan. 1. - link

Mack: Ya know, the Mets do still have a couple of decent players, don’t they?



Ryota Igarashi:

The Mets are close to a two-year deal with Japanese right-hander Ryota Igarashi, reports David Waldstein of the New York Times. Igarashi, 30, has also drawn interest from the Yankees, Red Sox, Mariners and Indians, among others. Known as one of the hardest throwing pitchers in Japan, the right-hander is expected to be used as a set-up man in the majors. He was 3-2 with a 3.19 ERA in 56 games with the Yakult Swallows in '09. - rotoworld

Mack: I can’t make this shit up…


Jason Bay:

Looks like Bay is the last best hope for the Mets. And who knows what Bay would be like in 2014 if the Mets did guarantee a fifth year? - NYDN

Mack: I don’t agree with my buddy Adam here. No one is the Mets last hope. My desire was to sign someone like Cameron for one year and groom Fernando Martinez. I’m sticking to that story though I’d have to fins another outfielder for a one year deal now. ALL… I repeat… all of my free agency money would go for rotational pitching. Period.




Clay Buchholz:

Wondering if Clay Buchholz could be a trading chip now that Lackey's coming to Boston. - Jon Heyman  

Mack: It’s funny that John brings this up. I was told two weeks ago by someone, NOT in the Mets organization (that leaves agents, scouts, and other team members folks) that Boston offered Buchholz to the Mets for Fernando Martinez. I never heard anything about whether or not the Mets turned that down.

No comments: