12/14/09

My Thoughts on Sports/Blog Writing


I've had a couple of unprintable riffs and tiffs this week regarding what I have either written or coments on in this blog. None are earth shattering but either my writings or my opinions have come into question from a various group of players, fans, bloggers, beat writers, and, even an agent.

Here's my thoughts.

1. No, I am not a "beat reporter" for the Mets. I have been Morris Commications' beat reporter for the Savannah Sand Gnats for two years, but that doesn't count, does it?

2. No, the only difference between "beat writers" and Mets bloggers is the amount you are paid and the fact that you have a fancier handheld then us "amateurs".

3. No, I hate spell-check, but I'll be better.

4. The one thing beat writers and bloggers have in common is reporting a story. In both cases, we don't create the facts that precipitates a story being written. We simply tell everyone what happened, and sometimes give an opinion.

5. We are the messenger, thus, we don't get oral sex from a groupie.

6. But if you do, and you're being paid either as a player, ex-GM on a baseball network, or whatever, it is going to be reported.

7. Those of you that don't like what I report... I'm just cutting and pasting, guys.

8. Those of you that don't like my opinion...  it's just like assholes...

9. Yes, wives, husbands, family,and large animals are off duty.

10. Lastly, Happy Holidays to all of you.

Mack

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm. I'm not sure what I've missed here, coding improvements to my sites, but I thought Id chime in:

I'll cherry pick the numbers, though.

2: I have an iPhone. That's the top of the handheld foodchain, allowing me to stay on top of the Halliday trade while taking my daughter to Brownies.

3. Spellcheck is overrated.

5. My groupies are very friendly. Much nicer than when I was a beat writer.

7. Don't pick on Mack...he just writes it as he sees it.

10> Happy holidays, right back at ya.

Mash said...

Mack

Also a happy holidays to you and your family

i just wanted to let you know i have been following your writing since way before "Mack Attacks" over at Flushing University.

My day wouldnt be the same without your updates

Mash

Mack Ade said...

Mike:

You're right... I should have left you out of the oral sex part... :)

Mash:

Your father wouldn't be the same? Is that a good thing?

Thanks guys.

Mack

Mash said...

mack... i said my day!!! lol

thanks again

Mack Ade said...

(joke...)