12/11/09

READ THIS: Mets Respond To "Mets Police" Letter


Last week I sent a letter to Fred Wilpon explaining why I was not going to renew my ticket plan in 2010. I also copied several members of Mets management and a few members of the media. (You can read my letter here).

On Wednesday afternoon I received a call from Craig Marino, the Mets Vice President of Guest Experience. Craig was calling to respond to my letter, and immediately offered to go over it point by point.

Point 1 - Ticket price decreases. In my letter I asked if the Mets had announced that ticket prices would be cut an average of 20%, how come my invoice only showed a 5.6% decrease? Kids, always double check your facts. The Mets actually announced an average decrease of 10%, with some ticket prices being cut as much as 20%.

OK, so even if I was slightly off, how come my plan only saw a 5.6% decrease? According to Craig, when the Mets looked at the ticket price structure, they evaluated which seats/prices were more out of line with the market and discounted those tickets at a greater rate. The Promenade Level pricing was determined to be right about where it should be for the market, and so received a lower discount than say Field Level which were decreased at a greater percent.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/notes/the-mets-police/the-new-york-mets-respond-to-my-letter/195359883075

No comments: