1) Dylan Bundy, RHP
- Vitals: 20.0 years old / 200lbs / 6’1”/ R-R
- 2012 minor league stats between Low A, High A, Double-A: 103.2 IP; 2.08 ERA; 0.92 WHIP; 119 K; 28 BB
- Not only did the right handed flamethrower live up to the hype, he was able to beat the 2011 Draft’s #1 pick Gerrit Cole and #2 pick Danny Hultzen to the Major’s at age 19. He has big time velocity to go with filthy command of all four of his pitches. His work ethic, conditioning, and mechanics are impeccable. He takes all the necessary steps to have a long successful career, however the only challenge for Bundy will be pitching in the hitter friendly AL East.
- MLB Projection – True Ace, #1 starter with Clayton Kershaw upside
- Vitals: 21.9 years old / 185lbs / 6’4”/ R-R
- 2012 minor league stats between Short Season, Double-A: 15 IP; 3.60 ERA; 0.93 WHIP; 13 K; 1 BB
- The first pitcher taken in this year’s draft (#4 overall) as a draft eligible sophomore, Gausman, like Bundy, is a power pitcher with a plus-plus fastball. He has decent secondary stuff but his command is pretty raw for a college pitcher. He looks more like a thrower than a pitcher, which could hinder his development. High risk / High reward for Orioles.
- MLB Projection – Likely #2 starter, but if he doesn’t improve command #3 or #4 starter is more realistic
- Vitals: 21.1 years old / 195lbs / 6’1”/ R-R
- 2012 minor league stats in Double-A: .245 BA; .324 OBP; 14 HR; 56 RBI; 5 SB; 103 KO; 50 BB
- The Orioles are pretty thin after their top two prospects and Schoop is the best of the rest. Known for his defense, it’s now a matter of where a spot opens up in the field because Manny Machado will be playing third base in 2013 and possibly in 2014, with J.J. Hardy coming off his first gold glove season at shortstop. If his bat can catch up to his arm then he might be able to get the call sometime in 2014 to play at second base. Needs to improve holes offensively, his lack of power won’t play at third base or corner outfield, and his speed is fringy at best.
- MLB Projection – Average second baseman
for the rest of the list... http://seedlingstostars.com/2012/12/13/s2s-2013-team-top-12-prospects-baltimore-orioles/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter