3/15/15

Mack - Mets - Second Wild Card Contenders

1:00
Comment From hscer
So Schoenfield had MIA 20 and NYM 10; Keri NYM 21 I think, MIA 8…who’s right who’s wrong
1:01
Eno Sarris: I’ll take the Mets for second wild card contenders, so I like em 10-12.


I think Eno is a Mets fan. I'm not sure but he does have a lot of nice things to say about the Mets in his weekly chats. 

This isn't the first time he has said this. It's just the first time I have written this out in this singular post form.

Look, the Mets success in reaching the playoffs this season will be their win-loss record against their own division rivals, Miami, Philadelphia, and Atlanta. All four teams are going to lose more than they win to Washington so that should balance off.

The season will be son within these games and the Mets get an early opportunity, playing most of their April games within the division. Time for a fast start for a change.

Right now, we're going through some aches and pains... Lucas Duda, Daniel Murphy, Vic Black, Josh Edgin, and Zack Wheeler... but all any of us do is follow this team and what you don't realize is all the other teams have the same list of walking wounded.

There is enough first string talent on this team to compete with their division rivals and the Mets rotation could dominate as much as the Nationals are projected to do. I truly think an awful lot of bad things are going to happen to prevent the Mets from becoming the second wild card team in 2015. I honestly do.


5 comments:

Tom Brennan said...

I'm the optimist, Mack. I'm thinking even if bad things happen, we have our ace in the hole...Matt Reynolds! And pitching depth and some positional depth too.

Deal me in a Wild Card.

Mack Ade said...

Reynolds has won me over Tom. You were right about him from the get-go.

Herb G said...

As Mets fans, we are all conditioned to have that sense of doom that tells us " an awful lot of bad things are going to happen." We need to strive to take a page from Tug's book and say "We gotta believe!" This team is stacked with enough depth to withstand those "bad things." We have plenty of rotation depth in Montero, Thor, Matz and Co. Bullpen depth galore. And den Dekker, Reynolds, Herrera, Plawecki, could all step up to fill gaps among the positions, if need be. I wanna believe that we are in pretty good shape going into 2015.

Mack Ade said...

Herb -

I'm going into this season leaving a lot of negative baggage in the past.

I could debate you on the depth issue (past starters), but, there is enough talent on this team to make it to the wild card.

Reese Kaplan said...

There is enough talent here if it's used effectively i.e. giving Monell the backup catcher job instead of just handing it to Recker on a silver platter.