8/3/12

I May Be Wrong, But… Sunday Special Edition, The August Mets, Josh Edgin, Writers, Questions



1.    We have a special Sunday version coming up on… err… Sunday,  on Mack’s Mets. There will only be one post for the day, probably going up around 8am. It will show you my current projection of all of the key minor league prospects in the organization and where I project them out for next season. I do something like this every off-season and post the top five prospects, and then build the teams of the future. I may do it again in the off-season this way, but I thought I’d show you this “big picture” style. It is also supposed to generate an open discussion all day about the work I did. Yes, I will participate and I hope the other writers will join in as well. Yeah I know, comments around here are as rare as Ebola, but, come on folks, let’s have some fun this Sunday. 

2.    I was following the end of the 9-1 win in San Francisco on Thursday and I realized that the Mets aren’t playing that bad on this road trip. I also noticed that Ike Davis, Josh Thole, Lucas Duda, and Kirk Nieuwenhuis wasn’t in the lineup either. Yeah, I know Ike and Josh will probably be back tomorrow, but who remembers me saying at the beginning of the year that I would hold judgment on Ike, Kirk, and Duda until they finish their first full season. Fans get excited when new players come up and everyone sees nothing but blue sky. Frankly, I don’t think we will see either Nieuwenhuis or Duda until rosters expand next month, so I have no problem declaring them as projected utility players. It’s where I had them a year ago, it’s where scouts have always had them, and it looks like it’s where the Mets will play them in the future. Sad, but true. 

3.    Brian Costa wrote a piece on Josh Edgin in which Josh described the Mets ‘negotiation’ the day he was signed and offered a $2,000 signing bonus: "They called and said, 'Hey, do you want to play?' And I said, 'Yeah.'". I wish I knew the name of the Mets scout that found Edgin and I wonder if he is one of the guys that the team shit-canned this last time around. Being a scout in the Mets organization has the life expectancy of crossing the street with your children in Allepo, Syria. 

4.    The site has some writing snag again. Got a couple of quick ones out of David Rubin, but no other MMs writers have posted anything for around 10 days. If anyone wants to join the “team”, please email me at macksmets@gmail.com . 

5.    I could use some questions to, both about the Mets and the draft. I would love 3-5 a day but I’d settle for one per moon cycle. Again, the email is: macksmets@gmail.com. ... Twitter:  @JohnMackinAde ...  Facebook:  Mack Ade

No comments: