8/4/12

2013 Draft Q and A - LHSP - Jonah Wesley - Tracy H.S. (CA)

Mack - Hey folks, we're talking today with the price of Trace High School, in sunny California, LHSP Jonah Wesely. Hey Jonah, how's the summer been going for you so far?

Jonah - This has been a phenomenal summer. All of my expectations have come true in making the PG All-American game and the Area Code Games.

Mack – I have you down with a fastball in the 92-96 range and a 2011 stat line of 37.0-IP, 0.95-ERA, .051-OBA, 79-K, 13-BB. Can you tell us a little about what else you throw, your ‘go-to’ pitch, etc.?

Jonah - My ‘go-to’ pitch is my curveball. I like to use it as a strikeout pitch. Yet, I can throw it for a strike in any count

Mack:  Jonah, let’s go back to when you were first given a baseball and take us through the levels and teams that got you to where you are now?

(At this point, Wesley issued the following public statement on Facebook)

Jonah:  Alright everyone, I'm leaving tomorrow to So Cal for the rest of the summer. I’m going to pitch in the Area Code Games and represent the Oakland A's in Long beach on the 5th. After that I'm heading to San Diego for the All American Festivities and then, on the 12th,I'll be pitching in the PG High school baseball All American Game on National TV. I have never been this nervous in my life and I’ve been dreaming about this since freshman year. I'll be back the 3rd day of school! Thanks everyone for the support!

Mack: And, thank you for your time, have fun, and good luck.

No comments: