11/6/12

Draft 13 - Q and A - RHP - Brady Corless


Draft 13 – Q and A – Brady Corless – RHP – Spanish Forks H.S. (Utah)

Mack:  Alright, now we’re really heading out and up west to Spanish Forks H.S. (Utah) where we will find RHP Brady Corless. Hey Brady. Getting ready for the season?

Brady - Well Mack, I've decided to forgo my senior year and attend SLCC (Salt Lake Community College) so I getting ready by doing the workouts with my team. I've been hitting the weight room a lot and excited to see where it's going to take me.

Mack – I heard that. When will  this make you draft eligible?

Brady - I'm now eligible for the draft every year.

PG - Brady Corless is a 2013 RHP/3B with a 6-1 200 lb. frame from Spanish Fork, UT who attends Spanish Fork HS. Broad shouldered strong athletic build, still has room to fill out.. Simple side step delivery, big leg raise, stays balanced and on line well, full arm action, works through small wrap well, quick and easy arm coming through 3/4's release. Steady 90 mph fastball, topped at 91 mph, very good sink on fastball, will cut FB occasionally, pounds the bottom of the zone. Big breaking slider, good depth and tilt, can back foot LHH'ers with slider, nice change up with good life and arm speed, tends to change arm action at times on change. Very good feel for off speed, plus pitchability and life on all pitches. Has some projection left. Good student.

Mack – Which, I assume, is still before you play a game for SLCC?

Brady - I'll be eligible my freshmen year and sophomore year at SLCC.

Mack – There obviously is going to be comparisons to what Bryce Harper did in the past. Was the decision based on your expertise level in high school, the desire to be eligible for the draft earlier, or all of the above?

Brady - I get that there is going to be comparisons. I'm not trying to be Bryce Harper. I made this move because I feel like I’m going to grow as a player here and being around the players in the SLCC baseball program is going to push me we have one of the top programs in the nation and DG Nelson (my head coach) is going to get me to where I want to be. I just don't see the down fall to the move.

BLF - Brady Corless is the latest player to leave high school early in order to attend junior college.  Set to play in the Area Code Games and the Perfect Game All-American Classic, Corless appears ready to rise up draft boards in 2013.  •Low 90′s fastball, has hit 93  •2 seam and 4 seam fastball  •Above average slider  •Change  •High leg kick

Mack – Well, Brady, if I’m reading this correctly, you will be eligible for the June 2013 draft, which makes you important to me, regardless of where you are playingJ. A new subject I ask everyone. Take us back to that first day someone put either a bat, ball, or glove in your hands and walk us through what got you to where you are today.

Coach Jim Nelson on dropping out of High School - "I disagree with it, and a lot of the baseball people I've talked to have disagreed with it,"but kids make these decisions and you can't really do much about it. I just hope he's the one making the decision and no one is making it for him."


After repeated attempts, I stopped trying to get Corless to continue this interview.

No comments: