- New York Mets signed left-handed RP Scott Rice and OF Jamie Hoffman to minor league contracts according to Adam Rubin. Rice also gets an invite to camp.
- The New York Yankees signed right-handed RP David Herndon to a split contract according to his agent. The contract would be worth 750k if he makes the team.
- The Yanks have also come to terms with SP Hiroki Kuroda on a 1 yr/$15MM contract according to Buster Olney
- The Miami Marlins are looking to shop newly acquired SS Yunel Escobar according to Jeff Passan
- According to Rubin, via Kevin Roose of New York Magazine, federal authorities are looking into Steven Cohen. "He is being accused, for the first time, of direct involvement in an illicit trading scheme — a scheme allegedly run by former SAC Capital trader Mathew Martoma that netted $276 million for the firm, which the SEC is calling “the most lucrative insider trading scheme ever."
- The Seattle Mariners have DFA'd 3B Chone Figgins to make room on the 40 man roster for prospect protections.
Posted by Unknown at 10:14 PM