- After the Atlanta Braves added CF BJ Upton, and the Washington Nationals added Denard Span, the Mets, Phillies, and now the Miami Marlins are continuing to look for their next CF's. The Los Angeles Angels CF Peter Bourjos has been garnering a lot of attention from the 3 lately as a possible trade candidate. The Angels are said to be looking for quality starting pitching. (More and more teams continue to be added as possible trade partners for Dickey. Sandy Alderson can literally do no wrong here. Either he extends him and keeps an entertaining option that fan WILL pay to come see at the ballpark....or he trades him and nets a big return.)
- The Milwaukee Brewers, Boston Red Sox, and the Angels are all showing interest in SP Ryan Dempster according to Ken Rosenthal. The veteran right hander who is 35 years old is said to be looking for a 3 yr contract.(Pass.....)
- The New York Yankees have re-signed CL Mariano Rivera to a 1 yr/$10MM contract and SP Andy Pettite to a 1 yr/$12MM contract. (And the Yanks get older and older every day. It must be depressing to be a minor leaguer in the Yanks organization.) Jack Curry Twitter
- The Phillies were said to have a trade for CL Wilton Lopez all lined up until they "put the brakes" on the transaction due to a possible physical issue according to Jim Salisbury.
- Former MLB SP Chan Ho Park announced his retirement yesterday. He pitched 1 game for the Mets in 2007 where he gave up 7 earned runs in 4 innings of work.
- Negotiations between the Nationals and 1B Adam LaRoche have stalled recently and has allowed the Red Sox to get into talks with the free agent in case they dont sign C/1B Mike Napoli. Jon Heyman, CBS Sports. The team has also checked in on SS Alex Gonzalez and SS Stephen Drew.
- The Pittsburgh Pirates outbid both the Yankees and the Texas Rangers during their pursuit of C Russell Martin whom they signed yesterday to a 2 yr/$17MM deal. According to David Waldstein, Martin was told that the Yanks could not match the offer and in fact never made an offer to him.
- Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Chicago White Sox are looking for a back of the rotation starter in order to replace SP Gavin Floyd. (Sounds to me like the perfect fit for SP Dillon Gee. I am surely in the camp that believes SP Colin McHugh, who is forecasted to be a slightly better pitcher than Gee, is ready to be in the MLB right now after his performances last year.)
- According to ESPN's Jerry Crasnick, it seems like CF Dexter Fowler will be off the trade for this year. (The CF market seems to be thinning extremely quickly for the Mets. Kirk Nieuwenheis is happy.)
Just as a reminder to our readers, tonight is the non-tender deadline so I'll be up tonight updating the website with non-tendered players that could fits for the New York Mets.