11/27/12

Draft 13 – Q and A – SS – Kramer Robinson – Midway H.S. (TX)



Mack - Good afternoon everyone. Today, we're speaking with Midway H.S. (TX) (see... they call it Midway because it's midway between... oh, never mind) SS, Kramer Robinson. Good morning, Kramer, did you have fun this summer?

Kramer - I did, it was very busy and exhausting but I had a great time traveling the country doing what I love!

Mack – Same first question I ask everyone. Take us back to that first day someone put either a glove, bat, or ball into your hands and take us through the steps that got you to where you are today.

Kramer - Well I've always grown up around sports but believe it or not baseball was the last sport I picked up on, basketball and football were my first loves but once kid pitch started I really started to excel In baseball.

Kramer Robertson is a 2013 MIF with a 5-11 170 lb. frame from McGregor, TX who attends Midway HS. Medium athletic build, wiry strength. 6.87 runner, loose quick actions, good footwork, hands smooth and soft at the ball, plus arm strength, has the athletic ability to make the great play, much less effort than in past, has really improved defensively. Right handed hitter, quick swing with bat speed, aggressive approach, loose hands, hits against hard front side, some lift, ball comes off the barrel hard, bat improving as quickly as his glove. Has already had tools, playing the game easier and smoother. Good student, verbal commitment to Louisiana State.

Mack – I see your pic on Facebook. Are you still playing football now?

Kramer - Yes sir, I play quarterback for my high school team, we lost last year in the state championship at Cowboy Stadium in front of 34,000 people!

Mack – Well, I hope you won last night (and I hope no one rolls up on your leg). Are we looking at a possible sports confliction here come college time?

Kramer - We did win last night 34-27, and there will not be any conflict for college. I am only going to play baseball when I get to LSU, I am quite undersized to be a college quarterback!


ESNHS - What Robertson lacks in ideal size -- he's 5-foot-11 and 170 pounds -- he makes up for in actual tools. The LSU commit has a plus arm -- he's hit the 88-90 mph range from the mound -- and is an above-average runner. He's also full of good instincts and plus makeup and projects to hit for enough power -- mostly doubles -- to play regularly. He handles all balls he gets to, but profiles better at second base, at least as a pro.

Mack – A recent ESPNHS scouting report projected you out as an eventual second baseman, rather than shortstop (buy, I hate early projections). Is the plan to stay on short through your senior year?

Kramer - Absolutely, I will play shortstop this season and that is also where I plan on playing in college. I want to stay at shortstop as long as I can. Although I am not opposed to moving over to second in the future.

Mack – Especially if someone gives you a million reasons to do it, right J ? Kramer, your future is your destiny right now. My last question this round (we’re going to check in with you throughout the season, plus we hope you contact us when there is something worth crowing about) is simply. What’s it going to take inside of you to get you to next level, whatever it will be?
Kramer - If I want to get to where my ultimate goal is I'm going to really have to love and respect the game, it's a long journey and most guys can't deal with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It іѕ аpрropriatе timе tο makе some plаns fοr thе long run and it іѕ timе tο be happy.
Ӏ havе read this ѕubmit and іf I could I want to counsel
you some intегesting issuеs oг tiρs.
Maybе you сan wгite nехt aгticleѕ referring to thiѕ article.
I wish tο leaгn more things about it!
Review my web site :: samsung galaxy s3