11/23/12

Rumor Mill: 11/23/2012


  • The Boston Red Sox have signed OF Jonny Gomes to a 2 yr/$10MM contract according to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle
  • Oh those Miami Marlins, on the Dan LeBatard Show in Miami SP Josh Johnson said that “I was actually upstairs with my kids playing and I went downstairs to check my phone and I had a bunch messages and calls from my agent and I called him back and he said ‘have you heard?’ I was like ‘what are you talking about?’ As soon as that happened I heard a bling on my phone, the MLB trade rumors app and it says ‘Blue Jays close to acquiring Josh Johnson’ and I was like ‘I just did right now." Click Here for the Full Interview
  • The Philadelphia Phillies number 1 priority this winter is bringing a CF to the club. The Phils are currently after B.J. Upton and Michael Bourn as primary targets and then Angel Pagan as a secondary target. Matt Geib, Philadelphia Inquirer
  • The New York Yankees have not made any contract offers to C Russell Martin, CL Mariano Rivera, or SP Andy Pettite at this time. It is said that Martin is looking for $8MM to $10MM per season. George King III, New York Post

No comments: